Customize

Former Riverside Sup Jim Venable Defends Gold

Discussion in 'GoldBase' started by xenubarb, Dec 28, 2009.

1. blownforgood Member

Re: Former Riverside Sup Jim Venable Defends Gold

Don't be silly Smurf, the Port Captain told us who to vote for every election! They would print up a list that said which candidates were pro Scn and which were not. We would get handed the list right before we went and voted. Why would we need to read up on the issues when they were summarized and predigested for us and narrowed down to a simple "yes" or "no"?

We would be told at least twice on the day of the election to get up to the polling booth and vote before the day was out.

Until next time...
    BFG
  2. Herro Member

Hmmmm, that sounds so familiar....
  3. JohnnyRUClear Member

Any chance that the G.S. polling place might feel like finding a new home next time around?
  4. joy2world Member

This reminds me of a story regarding voting at the Gold Base and DM's ignorance at the time.

It was November 1988 and I was registered to vote and had been ever since I was old enough to exercise my Constutional right as a citizen of the US. I was working for DM at the time as the Corporate Liaison In Charge at the Int base and drove into town in the morning during "exercise time" to vote for President of the US and any other ballot measures.

I was beeped by Shelly while I was in San Jacinto voting and quickly returned to the base and went to DM's office. He asked where I had been, and I told him I had run into town to vote.

He then went on a whole diatribe about how useless it was to vote and how the US Government was a joke and trying to destroy Scientology and that I had wasted my time voting.

I replied that it was a good thing I did go into town and vote because their was a local ballot issue regarding widening the road running through our property and we knew nothing about it.

DM's eyes almost popped out of his head and ordered that I get the Port Captain Gold up to his office right away. He was pissed off that the Port Captain hadn't known about the ballot issue and why ALL the base staff weren't registered to vote and made to go vote!

So I am afraid I may have been the person who caused the base to get registered and use their Constitutional right to vote and although it sounds like it was abused over the years, I am glad they got that right!
  5. DeathHamster Member

It was you!
    [IMG]

*sigh* How can Davie run a fancy cult and be such an ignorant little high school drop-out thug?
  6. JohnnyRUClear Member

Excited to finally have company?

Loads of coffee?
  7. tzczerno Member

Wait. The guy's name is "Venable"?? As in "capable of being venal"?