Customize

Gilman Springs Road closure "for issues of safety."

Discussion in 'GoldBase' started by ChronicEnturbulator, Aug 14, 2009.

1. Gilman Springs Road closure "for issues of safety."

Found at OCMB

The Valley Chronicle > News

Edit: Petition filed 24 November 2009:

2. CantPickaName Member

re: Gilman Springs Road closure "for issues of safety."

OH HAIL NO!!

RAID!!!!!
  3. BigBeard Member

Just another attempt to keep protesters away from the gates since 884 didn't work out quite as planned.

BigBeard
  4. xenubarb Member

NO U! It's bloody hawt out there this time of year!
  5. anon555 Member

where do they even get off asking for an entire road to be closed. are they talking about permanently closing the road? At least some of the city council are seeing the real issue. (after hearing about sci-tactics at their meetings for the last few months).
  6. fitch2000 Member

this is sooo stupid:

"The Church of Scientology wants to close the segment of Gilman Springs Road that runs through its Golden Era Productions compound northwest of San Jacinto.

Spokeswoman Cathy Fraser said, however, “It is way premature to talk about it.”

The organization has made no formal proposals, she said, and, until it does, there is little to talk about.

“There are issues of safety,” Fraser said, both for Scientology members and for motorists driving the road."

and then this guy:

"During the Aug. 6 meeting, Councilman Jim Ayres said Scientology representatives gave the city assurances on the record during a City Council meeting that it was not contemplating seeking closure of the road.

Potts said it is difficult to know how the city should handle the situation since there is no formal proposal, but that the Transportation Committee, which is composed of him and Ayres, will probably take up the issue in the near future to begin examining the city’s options."

who is lying? and why?
  7. Optimisticate Member

So has anyone sent anyone in Riverside a copy of the St. Pete Times and the Freedumb Magazine to let them know who they're dealing with?

I would, but I don't have copies. I guess I could email some links tho.
  8. another123 Member

I wasn't familiar with the street names, so I grabbed this while looking [full page ]

gillman.png
  9. anonsparrow Member

"There are issues of safety."

For real yo. Same goes for Gitmo. Must keep the detainees safe and shit.
  10. Skeptic1337 Member

Is this a form of "make it go right?"

For a plan B i see a lot of scientology butthurt in the future.

I hope they ask for it to be closed...those city council meetings will be priceless.
  11. Major Boyle Member

Legally, they can't close the road since people have the right to use it. Otherwise, how do people who live aong the highway get to their homes? And if government lets SOME people use the road then it has to let ALL people use the road (see the 14th amendment equal protection clause).

Cult is engaged in conspiracy to violate your rights once again. Right to speeh. Right to peaceably assemble. Right to equal protection by the government.

Don't go to the meeting. Let the board pass their idiot ordnance then you hit them with federal felony civil rights charges. This way, cult allies get raeped and in future anyone thinking of getting in bed with the cult might just thing twice.
  12. Anonymous Member

Anon should help them get the road closed.

Imagine how many picketers there would be if thousands sat in extra traffic every week. Imagine the investigations into how could a cult convince a county to close a major highway for one private resort / book publisher / cult HQ compound.
  13. Major Boyle Member

No, we should just let them close the road then rape them for lulz and profit. Srsly.
  14. Anonymous Member

Haven't they been trying to close this road for years? Each time they have been politely told to go pound sand.

Is this a state highway or a local road?

If they make the proposal, who would make the decision?
  15. thetanmonger Member

dumbasses, now they jeopardize bringing more of the surrounding society against them, anyone who uses that road is gonna have to take the long way around now ...?

haha once again they MAKE their own enemies... they really dont learn, lol
  16. Anonymous Member

17. LilDebbie Member

counter-PR idea:

ANONYMOUS wants to close Int Base. Spokestrap Supreme Roolah said, however, "I'm way too premature for normal intercourse."

and so on and so forth

but srsly any hemetfags want to go to the next city council meeting and formally request gold be shut down for safety reasons? y'know, things like razor wire and snipers nests and psycho, unregistered security guards being a threat to the local citizenry.
  18. Anonymous Member

The article gives the impression that Fraser didn't give a single example or statistic to justify her claim.
  19. Anonynamefag Member

Best idea this guy has ever had. I support this ^ wholeheartedly.

Also:

HAHAHAHAHA, yeah right. Like they'd ever finance construction of something public, they'll just suck Stone's dick until he pays for it with taxpayers' money.
  20. re: Gilman Springs Road closure "for issues of safety."

Scientology under stress resorts to Third Reich failmodel:

"Today the road, tomorrow the CURB!""

minime is a natch for Hitler
  21. Anonymous Member

Go to council mtg and tell them everything on Gilman Springs Rd is UNSAFE. They should shut the road down to ALL traffic. And put up signs "Warning: Toxic Thetan Spill Ahead. Road Closed due to Scilons."
  22. xenubarb Member

Talking points re: little missy's "safety concerns."

1. No emergency exits in the vast, security spike studded fence surrounding the base.
    2. Blasting loud 110db noise on a busy highway
    3. landscaping planted such that it forces ppl to walk in the road
    4. Sprinklers deployed, making the highway unexpectedly wet and slippery during protests.

Oh Miz Fraser! IF YOU ARE SO FUCKING CONCERNED ABOUT SAFETY, WHY DO YOU DO THESE THINGS?
  23. Obi-Wan-anon Member

“There are issues of safety,” Fraser said, both for Scientology members and for motorists driving the road.

If I'm not mistaken, there's a tunnel under the road.

Exactly how many scilons that live at Gold actually have cars or are able to be out on the road unguarded?

The only danger that scilons have on that road is when one tries to escape.

Its GOLD BASE that's a danger to Scientology members and for motorists driving the road.
  24. Smurf Member

Catherine Fraser has NEVER been known to be completely honest or FORTHCOMING in anything she says or does.

Remember this is the skank who was very willing to dump her loving husband Jeff Hawkins just to appease the Psychotic Dwarf.
  25. re: Gilman Springs Road closure "for issues of safety."

26. mnql1 Member

Editorial in The Valley Chronicle, Friday, August 21, 2009 2:31 PM CDT.

The Valley Chronicle > Opinion > Editorials

27. POS Member

Let them footbullet themselves some more please : )
    Funny to watch tee hee
  28. Yoni Alter Member

Clearly it's not safe. Protestors get their cars shoved or get beaten up during a citizen's arrest or get pushed into tramping on flowers and sued for destruction of said flowers all the time. Also, there's those people who try to escape from the compound there, maybe running across the road in the dark of night.

CLEARLY it's an unsafe area. Better get rid of all the security guards and people who want to escape for some reason. And the pansies.
  29. RightOn Member

If they get their way on this..... maybe it would end up being a good thing??? A good thing as in another foot bullet and more WAY more attention brought to Gold Base.
    Local residents would get into an uproar and they will be fed up with COS even more. You know if it gets closed, it wouldn't last too long, and it wil be forced to get reopened by outraged locals.

"Golden Era employees and guests will have to cross the street by foot or by vehicle to get to the other side. "

Reminds me of a joke I once heard.... lol

ok.. why did the Scientologist cross the road?
  30. parrotnut Member

I was thinking that this road getting closed would rile the residents up enough to get interested in getting rid of this abomination of a cult...
    Those folks need more education on the cult on the local govt. ties to them.
  31. Pantagruanon Member

The Valley Chronicle > News

So, could the county use eminent domain to widen the road?
  32. re: Gilman Springs Road closure "for issues of safety."

The do have a point, anytime a cult member is exposed to a public roadway he or she is in danger of finding out the truth about the cult they belong to. Any exposure to the truth is always dangerous to the totalitarian cult of Scientology
  33. RightOn Member

I Stone supporting this? Or wasn't it mentioned?
  34. Anonymous Member

trick question, he uses a tunnel under the road.
  35. parrotnut Member

If anyone finds out if he is, Please let me know....
  36. RightOn Member

well of course all rats love sewars...

EDITED! Sorry, I thought you meant DM!
  37. Smurf Member

Interesting.. "Whatever happens with Gilman Springs Road, it will not happen at county expense, says Riverside County Supervisor Jeff Stone’s chief aide, Verne Lauritzen."

Jeff Stone.. no speaky on the matter? Don't want to say anything that will further jeopardize this slimebag's race for the State Senate?

And his slimebag assistant's only refrain is the county won't finance a road closure. Sounds like Stone is playing dumb on the issue by not directly addressing it. Hmm..
  38. whodat Member

Absolutely. It's done all the time all around the country.

eminent domain widen road - Google Search
  39. Anonymous Member

"Golden Era Productions spokeswhore Cathy Fraser said last week that the issue is safety. There has been a number of accidents along that portion of Gilman Springs Road, she said.

If safety is an issue, said Lauritzen, the Scientologists may want to install traffic calming devices.."

Maybe they can put some of those inward-facing spikes in the road to slow them cars down.
  40. CoastalAnon Member

Eminent domain is my first thought as well.
    Adding bike lanes and public sidewalks would also be a plus.