Customize

Letter from Cal OSHA, stating that there are no hazards at Golden Era (from AO)

Discussion in 'GoldBase' started by Anonymous, Feb 22, 2010.

1. Anonymous Member

Letter from Cal OSHA, stating that there are no hazards at Golden Era (from AO)

Email from AO this morning. Attachments to follow in subsequent posts.

emailpage1.jpg

emailpage2.jpg

emailpage3.jpg

emailpage4.jpg

emailpage5.jpg

2. LocalSP Member

Re: Letter from Cal OSHA, stating that there are no hazards at Golden Era (from AO)

Wow that was total fail on AO's part. He actually thought that they would take OSHA to SP Hall? He can't be serious.
  3. Anonymous Member

Attachment: LetterToAndyMoritaFeb14.docx

lettertoandymoritafeb14.jpg

lettertoandymoritafeb14v.jpg

lettertoandymoritafeb14k.jpg

lettertoandymoritafeb14a.jpg

4. Anonymous Member

Attachment: LetterToKimJudgeAboutFeb13_2010_Protest.docx

lettertokimjudgeaboutfe.jpg

lettertokimjudgeaboutfez.jpg

lettertokimjudgeaboutfew.jpg

lettertokimjudgeaboutfee.jpg

lettertokimjudgeaboutfex.jpg

5. Anonymous Member

Re: Letter from Cal OSHA, stating that there are no hazards at Golden Era (from AO)

Why?
  6. Anonymous Member

Attachment: LetterToKimJudgeAboutFeb13_2010_Protest_followup.d ocx

lettertokimjudgeaboutfe.jpg

lettertokimjudgeaboutfem.jpg

February 19, 2010

Kim Judge
    Investigator
    Riverside County Sheriff Department
    43950 Acadia Avenue, Suite B
    Hemet, CA 92544

CC: Graham Berry, Attorney

Dear Investigator Judge,

This letter is to follow up and inquire about any actions taken by the Hemet Sheriff with respect to the February 13th, 2010, protest at 19625 Gilman Springs Road, where Mr. Martin Habschied of Golden Era Productions dumped some dirt/manure with heavy equipment, near protestors, in a clearly aggressive, potentially dangerous manner. I was hoping to discuss this and older issues with you last Wednesday but instead, I ask with this letter.

As stated previously, Mr. Martin Habschied may not be the only one to blame as he was most likely working on direct orders from Scientology management and/or possibly Mr. David Miscavige, the leader of this organization. Please keep that in mind.

Also on Feb. 13th, protesters were forced to move down the street, away from the entrance, where picketing is desired, using another heavy piece of equipment normally used to plant trees. It is possible that the people in charge of this equipment were:

Cal West Nurseries, Inc.
    138 North Drive
    Norco, CA 92860

I understand that Cal West Nurseries is one of the primary contactors on the recent Golden Era Productions landscaping project and they were the ones who obtained the belated permit application to work on the easement. Being responsible for planting trees, they were (most likely) running the blue heavy equipment machine, which forced the protesters away. Again, they were working under direction of Golden Era Productions management and should not be blamed solely for this incident.

By now, I would expect that the management of Golden Era Productions has been cited for these events, and Mr. Habschied apprehended. As you know, this type of public endangerment needs to be addressed quickly, as it has occurred several times in the past and appears to be growing in severity and danger.

Protesters world-wide are being subjected to an increasingly aggressive response from the Scientologists. We have the right to protest, they don’t have the right to harm us.

Expect more media reports to come out. I have been working with the Inland Empire Weekly News to prepare a story about the protests at Gold Base. It is my sincere hope that the sheriff’s actions will be praised in this report.

Mr. Berry and I have great respect for you, we want you to do the right thing, and certainly hope that your recommended actions are not being curtailed by upper management or local politics.

We simply ask for decisive action from the Hemet Sheriff to apprehend the people related to these recent unlawful actions, as well as at minimum, question the three guards that attacked me while I protested at Golden Era Productions. As you know, there was more to that event and it needs to be investigated further. You may call me if you need a refresher or evidence.

Sincerely,

[AO’s real name, email address and phone#]
  7. Anonymous Member

Attachments: scans: Feb08_2010_CalOSHA

Insufficient resolution to OCR these documents.

[IMG]

feb082010calosha2large.jpg

feb082010calosha3large.jpg

feb082010calosha4large.jpg

feb082010calosha5large.jpg

feb082010calosha6large.jpg

[IMG]
  8. Anonymous Member

Let's see. AO had information that there were some things wrong. He manned up, tried to collect relevant evidence & attempted to report it to identify the correct agencies to report the issues to.

Sounds like a pretty solid effort to me. Do you expect 100% perfect results every time you try to address a problem?
  9. Anonymous Member

A valliant effort, AO. Though, I would have made sure to have personal testimonials from ex's before I even submitted the complaint letter.

This is the point where as members need to step up and file their own complaints, with more specifics.
  10. Anon123456 Member

i hate AO, but i have to give credit where credit is due. who else is going to rally for the pocket mouse? he representin yo
  11. Anonymous Member

Re: Attachment: LetterToKimJudgeAboutFeb13_2010_Protest.docx

The pics saying Feb 13, 2010 were taken Feb 12, 2010...just for clarification.

12. Anonymous Member

Unless exes with first hand knowledge step up to the plate, this work will have been in vain.
  13. Anonymous Member

tiananmen-square-tank1-1808.jpg
    lettertokimjudgeaboutfew.jpg

Hmmmm...
  14. greebly Member

This

I admire AOs efforts though, eventhough I can't stomach his actions previously.

Interesting that the safety tests were done almost 11 years ago now.
  15. Belladonna Member

That bad smell coming from your pocket? That's a dead mouse. Too late to save dem.

Great work up top. More like this, please.
  16. Anonymous Member

Lobb Cliff & Lester LLP - my googlefu tells me that firm is only tied to the cult on AO related stuff. anyone know of any other scifag actions they've been involved in?
  17. Smurf Member

They're probably on retainer to handle general legal affairs related to Golden Era & Building Management Services. None of the partners in the firm are Scilons.

Lobb Cliff & Lester is a very established & prestigious law firm in Riverside.
  18. Re: Letter from Cal OSHA, stating that there are no hazards at Golden Era (from AO)

Fixed.
  19. LocalSP Member

Because the clams are not going to admit that they have a building called "SP Hall". They are not going to admit that they use that building as a holding place for people on the RPF.
  20. Sponge Member

Way to go Golden Era Productions aka "Church" of Scientology for going to great lengths to use lawyers to attempt to shoot the messenger instead of sticking to the matter at hand.

One wonders if they actually have any proper internal reporting procedures for monitoring and correcting safety issues, before the authorities have to get involved.....
    ....oh wait.....
    goldeneragrenade640.jpg
  21. Smurf Member

Of course not, just as they deny the truth behind what the RPF really is.

It's a typical response from Scientology, and one which always works. The cult knows this. If OSHA or any other public agency directs a missive to the cult, ALWAYS respond with a letter from a law firm.

Not only does a legal letter give it some force, but there is a subtle implication that the public agency could be sued if they don't drop the matter.
  22. Anonymous Member

Even in cases where the DOSH is satisfied with the letter, there's a 10% inspection risk, and if they see through the legal handwaving and get more witnesses who worked at Golden Era to speak to them, then that inspection risk rises to 100%.

Better prepare the base for state officials visiting all the buildings, and ship the RPF as SPs off to somewhere else. Only shiny happy people in attendance. Bring in some public Scientologists to pad the ranks if necessary.
  23. Smurf Member

It's not going to happen. Wishful thinking.
  24. Anonymous Member

I don't care who you are...'credit where credit is due'.

AO stepped up and stepped forward with a "noisy investigation".

Good job!

It is a war of attrition. Many small actions will lead to the inevitable cumulative result.

The CULT is in the process of dying "The Death Of A Thousand Cuts".

It all helps.

Once again, hat's off to AO.
  25. Scintellanon Member

There are environmental hazards at Gold Base. Being monitored.

geotrackergoldenera19625GilmanLUST.png

http://www.geotracker.waterboards.ca.gov/profile_report.asp?global_id=T0606556594

GOLDEN ERA PRODUCTIONS (T0606556594) - (MAP)
    19625 GILMAN SPRINGS ROAD
    SAN JACINTO, CA 92583
    RIVERSIDE COUNTY
    LUST CLEANUP SITE

CLEANUP OVERSIGHT AGENCIES
    RIVERSIDE COUNTY LOP (LEAD) - CASE #: 200723789
    CASEWORKER: LINDA SHURLOW
    SANTA ANA RWQCB (REGION 8)
    CASEWORKER: ROSE SCOTT

* Summary

Regulatory Profile
    CLEANUP STATUS
    OPEN - SITE ASSESSMENT AS OF 2/22/2008
    POTENTIAL CONTAMINANTS OF CONCERN
    WASTE OIL / MOTOR / HYDRAULIC / LUBRICATING

POTENTIAL MEDIA AFFECTED
    AQUIFER USED FOR DRINKING WATER SUPPLY
    FILE LOCATION

GROUNDWATER MONITORING FREQUENCY
    # OF WELLS MONITORED - QUARTERLY : 3
    REASONS FOR QUARTERLY OR MONTHLY OR OTHER GROUNDWATER MONITORING:
    # Well Being Sampled Within First Year of Being Installed - MW1, MW2, MW3

Site History
    No site history available

geplust.png

The California State Waterboard regulates Spills, Leaks, Investigation, and Cleanups sites. Data is obtained from GeoTracker http://www.geotracker.waterboards.ca.gov/. The SLIC program investigates and regulates non-permitted discharges.

-----

http://www.geotracker.waterboards.ca.gov/profile_report.asp?global_id=T0606556594

Work Plan
    Subsurface Assessment
    Golden Era Productions
    19625 Gilman Springs Road
    San Jacinto, CA 92583

SUBMITTED TO:
    County of Riverside
    Department of Environmental Health
    38686 El Cerrito Road
    Palm Desert, CA 92211
    PREPARED BY:
    Hemphill, Green & Associates LLC
    1001 E. Morton Place, Ste. C
    Hemet, CA 92543

October 2008

Subsurface Site Investigation Workplan GOLDEN ERA PRODUCTIONS

1. INTRODUCTION
    During October 2007 a 500-gallon waste oil UST was removed from the maintenance area of the
    Golden Era Productions facility (subject property) located at 19625 Gilman Springs Road, San
    Jacinto, Riverside County, CA 92583. The subject property occupies approximately 550-acres of
    land within the San Jacinto Valley. The location of the subject property and former UST site is
    shown on the location map (Figure 1). The Gilman Hot Springs USGS topographic map (Figure

2) includes the subject property, located within Section 9, Township 4 south, Range 1 west.
    Soil and groundwater was reportedly impacted by volatile organic compounds (VOCs) at the
    UST site. The Riverside County Department of Environmental Health (DEH) has an agreement
    with the State of California Water Resources Control Board (State Board) to oversee the
    investigation and cleanup of contamination resulting from leaking USTs, designated the Local
    Oversight Program (LOP). The Santa Ana Regional Water Quality Control Board (SARWQCB)
    is the regional water board office of jurisdiction for the subject property. During November 2007
    the County DEH notified the subject property responsible parties (RPs) with a formal Notice of
    Responsibility concerning the responsibility of the RPs to perform corrective actions,
    investigation and cleanup of the subject property (site #20070023798).
    The RPs were identified by the County DEH and State Board and include:

Golden Era Productions Building Management Services
    19625 Gilman Springs Rd. Los Angeles CA 90027
    San Jacinto CA 92583

The County DEH requested submittal of a Site Assessment Workplan in their letter to Golden
    Era Productions, dated August 21, 2008. A copy of the letter is attached as Appendix A to this
    report.

This Site Assessment Work plan contains the scope of work proposed for complying with the
    DEH request of August 21, 2008.

[...]

CHEMICAL EXPOSURE
    It is our understanding based upon information obtained from Golden Era Productions
    and the County DEH., and during previous phases of the site assessment, that diesel fuel
    contamination is present in the soil underlying this location. Of particular concern with
    respect to health and safety issues are the aromatic hydrocarbons: benzene, toluene, ethyl
    benzene, and xylenes. An exposure analysis of specific chemicals is presented in Table 1
    below.
    Table 1, Hazard Analysis of Chemicals
    Threshold Limit Exposure Limit IDLH
    Constituent Value (TWA)
    Ppm ppm Ppm
    Benzene 1.0 1.0 3000
    Toluene 100 100 2000
    Ethyl benzene 100 100 2000
    Xylenes 100 100 1000

Notes:
    1. Threshold Limit Value – respiratory
    2. IDLH – Immediately Dangerous to Life and Health, respiratory

The chemical exposure hazards involved with gasoline are associated with aromatic
    hydrocarbons, and are as follows:
    Moderate toxins, usually poisonous if inhaled or swallowed;
    Benzene is a known carcinogen;
    Can cause severe damage to the central nervous system, liver kidneys,
    gastrointestinal system, severe eye irritation, edema of the lungs and dermatitis.

An exclusion zone will be established approximately 20 feet around the work area. A
    decontamination and support zone will be established in an upwind direction.
    Communication between field personnel will consist of hand signals and verbal
    communication. No persons other than Hemphill, Green & Associates, or their
    subcontractors will be allowed in the exclusion zone without prior authorization from the
    Site Safety Officer, or without proper personal safety equipment. The work areas will be
    cleaned and the exclusion zone secured at the end of each workday.

21Nov07.png

21Aug08.png
  26. Anonymous Member

Scientology likes to do noisy investigations, as part of a campaign to try to terrorize their victims.

That sort of tactic is completely inappropriate for us, and its very noisiness led to AO being dead agented in the scilon lawfag's letter.

I hope that he will learn from this, and not broadcast his stuff all over teh internets when doing so will hurt his own efforts.
  27. Anonymous Member

Shut up, OSA.
  28. xenubarb Member

So you're the leader of anonymous this week?
  29. Anonymous Member

Some thoughts from someone in the business.

I doubt OSHA is really interested is what anyone heard on the internet about violations at any Scientology facility. If someone (an ex) that actually was made to do something that violated worker standards were to make a complaint it would carry some weight but not as much as if a current "employee" requested an inspection, especially if there is "imminent danger". Obvious ploy is obvious even to OSHA and is easily countered by the CoS. Still, I give props for trying.

Getting hydrocarbon "hits" after removing a UST (underground storage tank) is very, very common and no-one will pay much attention to that unless the contamination plume is within the protection area around a drinking water well. Even if that case it is just something to handle, usually by air stripping. What we have here looks to be just a monitoring plan that will depend on natural attenuation to remediate the contamination, i.e. the hydrocarbons will dissipate over time. It is a non-issue.

What does catch my eye is the loader dumping dirt on the roadbed in a public right-of-way. The only time I ever see that is when you are going to cross a road with a piece of tracked heavy equipment and even then the municipality frowns on that as the clean-up scars the asphalt. The Public Works Department of the applicable government might be very interested in those photos and would likely want to send an inspector out to investigate and perhaps cite the contractor.
  30. Anonymous Member

I should also mention that any work in the public right-of-way should require a Public Works permit which would include an MOT (maintenance of traffic) plan. Said lack of MOT responsible for one death already at Gold.
  31. Kalashnikov Member

Forget the local authorities they're probably all in DM's pocket.

Go to the FBI.

I laughed at the bit about them thinking you would "have an axe to grind".

Just my opinion, but who the f do you think started this movement?
    My best guess is they need to connect the dots before they can hit 'em with RICO.
  32. Belladonna Member

Lurkmoar, post less.
  33. Gottabrain Member

I have an idea.

Having lived in CA, I am very aware of the deep corruption of agencies like OSHA.

The only thing I have seen CA really respond to is the exploitation and human abuse of Mexican immigrants.

Since these immigrants now comprise some 50% or more of the L.A. population and this number is expected to grow to 80% over the next decade or two, this is no small population from which to gain support.

Are there any Anons there or ex's with Mexican heritage? Friends of Anons who can get something going there?
  34. xenubarb Member

Psst...that wasn't dirt!
  35. Herro Member

Like you were the leader when you were telling everyone to back off of AO and his court case?

Have any evidence that the local authorities are in DM's pocket? And what are you going to tell the FBI?
  36. Gottabrain Member

Herro, I don't believe OSHA is partial to the C of S. Most OSHA inspectors respond to anyone with a nice pocketful of cash.

Been there, worked for various construction companies in L.A. and saw more payoffs to ignore problems than you'd ever believe.

Nothing discriminatory about it at all. Cash is cash.

Calif is in horrible shape. Has been for a long time.
  37. Bob Loblaw Member

^^^THIS
  38. amaX Member

OSHA is useless. Absolutely fucking useless.

39. JustSomeWoman Member

CALOSHA operates with what is known as "primacy". CALOSHA is thus the designated agent for Federal OSHA in California. They operate under the same, or stricter, statutory requirements for Federal OSHA as legislated by Congress. You can find the Federal OSHA requirements in the Code of Federal Regulations (CFR). You can spend the next ten years analyzing OSHA within the CFR, and remain completely ignorant. I've done it with EPA regulations.

Understand that every Federal agency operates strictly within, and in strict compliance with, what Congress has specified. Agencies have NO freedom of action that is not specifically stated in the enabling legislation and other amendments passed by Congress.

Most public are unaware of why many Federal agencies seem moribund. The fact is that they are moribund because Congress legislated the limits to their actions to make them moribund. This is precisely the reason that Homeland Security is such a farce as the public views them.

CALOSHA has primacy, and acts within California, as if it is Federal OSHA. Thus, they have to follow, to the letter of the law, as well as in compliance with all Federal court decisions, as does Federal OSHA.

This is why industrial accidents caused by negligence result in fines of a maximun (I don't recall the exact fine) of a pitiful $7500 for each death, $3750 for each injury, and a requirement to sign a consent order that "they will try to do better next time". The fines and criminal consequences of violation of OSHA regs are so minimal that even small business can willfully ignore OSHA requirements.

So, CALOSHA is useless, because California has OSHA primacy, and the legal structure of Federal OSHA is useless.

If one has a complaint, take it to Congress. They really don't give a shit, since the industries that OSHA regulates are the same industries that give massive donations to the appropriate Senators and Representative through a mindless system of not donating directly.