Customize

Media: Lawsuit alleges abuses at Golden Era (Valley Chronicle)

Discussion in 'GoldBase' started by Sponge, Dec 18, 2009.

1. Sponge Member

Media: Lawsuit alleges abuses at Golden Era (Valley Chronicle)

Lawsuit alleges abuses at Golden Era
    WAGES SOUGHT: Scientology official denies conditions at compound described in the suit.
    By CHARLES HAND / The Valley Chronicle [Hemet & San Jacinto, Riverside]
    Published: Friday, December 18, 2009
    Lawsuit alleges abuses at Golden Era | The Valley Chronicle | 18th Dec 09
  2. CantPickaName Member

Re: Media: Lawsuit alleges abuses at Golden Era (Valley Chronicle)

BAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHA

Abortion much?
  3. avbb Member

sweet!
  4. Jeff Jacobsen Member

5. i'mglib Member

Oh man, this is good. This newspaper did a great job.
  6. mongrel Member

Is dat sum bitchslap from the paper?

The local paper no longer fears them! I feel a warm happiness in my pants.
  7. Sponge Member

Suggest picking apart the scientology responses and refuting with shed loads of hard evidence, such as what Jeff provided above, and pooning newspaper for a follow-up article. I think they'd quite like to do that.
  8. RightOn Member

this^^^

Of course after all members at Gold are "drilled " properly, then maybe they will allow them to talk to someone. And of course we all know that Fraser will send a bunch of hand written letters to the newspaper which the SO will be forced to write. Isn't that their typical protocal?
  9. mongrel Member

Make sure to read all the way to the end. That's where the best slapdown occurs.

10. Olrik Member

Safety concerns for their "studio" ? lol.
  11. Re: Media: Lawsuit alleges abuses at Golden Era (Valley Chronicle)

Are the Presspacks ready to go ?
  12. MarlieK Member

Funny. I just visited a monastery a couple of years ago and they let me wander around the grounds unsupervised. I also chatted with a couple of residents.
  13. AnonOfStout Member

Monks are cool though. And they aren't trying to clear the planet of all available monies.

BTW, your avatar makes me hard.
  14. Anonynamefag Member

Very good article. Hopefully other newspapers/newscasts/etc. will follow their example.
  15. anonhuff Member

Scientology comes across as defensive and wanting to hide things. Nice to see newspapers printing it how it is instead of just blindly taking scientology at their word.
  16. Ann O'Nymous Member

Nice.
  17. Anon1720 Member

No comments yet?
  18. anonhuff Member

They have to be approved first.
  19. whoever Member

She must not have any idea how lame that sounds.

Excellent, Ms. Fraser! I am so glad he managed to make it to adulthood! And what kind of work is he doing overseas?
  20. psychoutcults Member

Is this true? It's hard for me to believe.
  21. _You_ Member

Maybe the youngest Sea Org member on Int. base is 26 - I doubt it applies internationally since they can join at age 12 and might sign the paperwork for future commitment when they're like 8 years old or whatever. (Scientology views children as adult thetans living in small bodies.)
  22. Sponge Member

If it is then the full truth would be something more along the lines of....

23. _You_ Member

Maybe she meant 26 million years old? That or scilons don't really believe their own bullshit.
  24. OTBT Member

He signed the billion year Sea Org billion year contract on the day after his 6th
    birthday, but didn't actually join the Sea Org until he was 10 years old.

Scientology confirms he was working full time when he was 10 years old.

Scientology lawyers argued that it was a good thing that he signed the Sea Org contract at 6 years old:

This particular file was deleted earlier this year from US Government online records. Thankfully, we made copies of it online. This particular document is very damning evidence of Sea Org child labor. If you haven't read it yet, it's well worth the read.
  25. psychoutcults Member

I bet the person who wrote the court's decision was shaking his/her head in disbelief at actually having to address this argument. This statement sounds, at the least, a little tongue in cheek.
  26. Smurf Member

Funny. Catherine Fraser has never mentioned having a son before. How convenient for her though to admit he is "doing very well" but he's overseas, therefore, is not available to comment.

Catherine Fraser is and has long been a pathological liar, criminal and scheming whore for the cult. Hope the day comes when DM is committed to the insides of a cage or jail cell and this bitch is tossed in there with him.
  27. _You_ Member

This is disturbing but kind of lutzy at the same time, quite a vision Smurf, I blame you for tonight's insomnia.
  28. _You_ Member

Ah ok, so they sent the youngsters abroad where authorities are not looking too close. The cult has this habit of sending away those who can put them in trouble when there is too much heat.
  29. Re: Media: Lawsuit alleges abuses at Golden Era (Valley Chronicle)

Why isn't anyone digging this yet?
  30. _You_ Member

It's a good article on matters we already know about, and has lulzy responses from CoS PR, but it is not the type of breaking news which would interest digg.
  31. _You_ Member

Because digging non-major stories dilutes the effect of dig for when major news stories break.
  32. _You_ Member

We have to assume there might be more text surrounding that statement and clearly Fraser is only talking about youngest SO working at Golden Era. I wonder about weasel wording such as what is the youngest STAFF member or even VOLUNTEER or children of public who might live and work there. Also, they probably separate in their comments the different entities there, such as only people who work for Golden Era.

But I love how Scientology just can't win with their constant lies and paranoia & reality. ie. "all movie studios have razor wire and cameras and security" and then "no religious order would let you walk around their sacred grounds"... Look, just admit you are a business and this is your movie studio.. (lol.. my church needs a production facility to please my God)

It's like the Idle Orgs lying about expansion and membership. You can brag about having 5000 public coming in a day and then try and only have 100 parking spots.

It's bizarre how much they are constantly lying to hide the fact that they are really just a book club masquerading as a fake religion.
  33. _You_ Member

By the way.. we need a campaign to get flyers to any younger looking Sea Org or staff.

Contract law is one way for minors. A minor can break and go back on any contract in most states.

(well in reality the easier thing is to get them to report labor abuses and unsafe working conditions... really we need a "if you care about scientology and Ron's dream, you have to report this to the wogs")
  34. DeathHamster Member

Their Religious Cloaking Device is damaged and venting plasma.
  35. xenubarb Member

Sigfile material!
  36. Obi-Wan-anon Member

Wow. So much BS packed into such a short article:

So Fraser has a son. Would he show up on the completion lists somewhere?

...prohibited by WOG law...

This actually ties in to the other postings about that 10-year old SO member. According to the dox, he was 10 in 1993, making him 26 now.

No comment on this one.

Ultrabarrier.com. There, they say, this stuff is "...used in multi-storied open garages, mulitary bases, prisons, train stations, historical buildings, freeway passes, office complexes, utility towers and structures, or anywhere a deterrent is necessary..."

Churches and residential compounds aren't listed.

Animals intruding. Stuff is on top of an 8 foot fence? On the INSIDE of an 8 foot fence? What kind of animals are they worried about? The pocket mice?

A Scottish style fortress, however, does blend in with the rest of the valley. And has any of the protesters seen the spikes, guard shack, lights, cameras, motion detectors, etc on the castle?

They're trying to make it sound like the whole compound is part of the studio. Which, as we all know, isn't true. The BOS has stated that Gold base is a RESIDENTIAL area...
  37. JohnnyRUClear Member

The cool thing is, it smelled bad even before we went to work dissecting it. Even the reporter smells it.
  38. Jeff Jacobsen Member

Still no comments showing on the article. I posted mine right after the article came out.
  39. Sponge Member

My guess is that because it is a small newspaper and the article was only posted on friday afternoon then they probably just don't have the staff over the weekend to moderate the submitted comments. See what happens by monday afternoon.
  40. _You_ Member

^this.

Monday morning: Dum-de-dum, lets check to see if there were any comments over the weekend, there's usually a couple. Click, click, OH SHI-!