Customize

Media: Lawsuit alleges abuses at Golden Era (Valley Chronicle)

Discussion in 'GoldBase' started by Sponge, Dec 18, 2009.

1. _You_ Member

Re: Media: Lawsuit alleges abuses at Golden Era (Valley Chronicle)

Not digging articles and waiting for a "big one" also dilutes the message on digg.

The digg "best match" search is time and digg related. Narconon spam, for example, regularly shows up in on the first page Narconon search, even the ones with 1 (none) digg. Cult just submits a lot, so they show up in results. Waiting around allows them to claim topics like this.

tl;dr MOAR DIGG
  2. _You_ Member

I don't live in your parallel universe.
  3. _You_ Member

4. Re: Media: Lawsuit alleges abuses at Golden Era (Valley Chronicle)

No kidding. I love how whenever they claim to be just like other religions, they make it abundantly clear they have no fucking clue how other religions operate.
  5. genoramix Member

nice find!!
  6. xenubarb Member

Quite so. In Sandy Springs Georgia, the lawyer representing the cult responded to a question about their planned bookstore with, "It's just like other church bookstores."

I can't say I've ever been inside a church that had a bookstore. What? You mean they don't all have them?

Does yours?
  7. CoastalAnon Member

Church bookstores, if they have them, sell texts and CDs that the leaders have considered the people attending would benefit from and like to buy conveniently. Mega-church bookstores usually sell things by the people who work there, as they are big enough to run their own publishing. Because it's a church it's usually staffed by a volunteer, and little to no profit is made. Most churches eschew this because they don't like the idea of things regularly being bought and sold in their sanctuary or vestibule.
  8. xenubarb Member

Yeah...some hippie lookin guy might come in and kick over the tables!

jesus-money-changers-temple.jpg
  9. Yoni Alter Member

Synagogues generally have gift shops that sell Judaica - decorations and ritual items that are needed for daily or annual use, plus usually prayer books and religious literature. If you don't have a Judaica store in your area and you need, say, a new scroll for your mezuzah, you go to the local synagogue and they will probably have one or procure one for you. Sometimes the proceeds go to the synagogue fund, but mostly I think they make a commission and the artist/sofer/publisher makes their portion. It's not really a big deal, especially because Jewish dictates that stores be closed on all holidays, so most of the time people are at synagogue, the stores are closed. I don't think I've ever actually been in a synagogue gift shop.

ABOVE POST: Irony.
  10. JohnnyRUClear Member

:-D

Look at that implant GOOOOOOOO
  11. Re: Media: Lawsuit alleges abuses at Golden Era (Valley Chronicle)

Goal for 2010. For every one Scientology lawsuit six will be returned. Its called Operation Mirror.
  12. Re: Media: Lawsuit alleges abuses at Golden Era (Valley Chronicle)

I know, right? XD
  13. Vir Member

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sASfdnyW0eE"]YouTube- Jesus Chases The Money Changers From The Temple[/nomedia]
  14. mnql1 Member

Jim Venable, former Supervisor of the Third District, defeated by Jeff Stone in 2004, sent the following letter to the Valley Chronicle:

The Valley Chronicle > Opinion > Letters

15. HugeAnon Member

16. _You_ Member

Who's Jim Venable working for? How much did they pay him for this tripe? Which other business in the area has an inward-facing fence like Gold's.

Home? I wonder how the SO would describe their berthing. Resort? Not funny once you know something about it.

The real story is that Jim got the guided tour.
  17. _You_ Member

"Riverside County Supervisor Jim Venable acknowledged that the timing of

the closure probably wasn't the best, but said it is neither the first

time it has been done, nor the longest closure. 'We closed Domenigoni

Parkway for three weeks,' he said. 'People didn't like it but they got

used to it.' That closure was to film the movie 'The Fast and the

Furious.'

"Muriel Dufresne, public relations director for Golden Era Productions,

the Church of Scientology's in-house movie production company, said the

reason the road is closed for two weeks is that cameras have been set up

in the road to capture changes in the sky above San Jacinto. 'They are

doing time lapse photography,' she said. 'We apologize if it's caused any

inconvenience,' she said. 'It's not going to happen that often.'
  18. _You_ Member

i thmell bullshit.
  19. RightOn Member

Looks like Venable or Tavaglione wanted nothing to do with being sure varmits were safe in 2004
    here's a snip.. interesting

A pair of supervisors want to stop requiring developers to survey their land for endangered species' habitats, saying if state and federal agencies want to enforce endangered species laws, then leave the county out of it.

The proposal comes a week after supervisors Jim Venable and John Tavaglione suggested elimination of the county Habitat Conservation Agency that oversees the endangered Stephens' kangaroo rat preserves in Riverside County.
    Press-Enterprise - Tuesday 2/17/1998
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Don't know if this interests anybody

Campaign contributions for 2004
    Supervisor Jim Venable showed an estimated $433,000.
    Jim Venable receiving $15,600 so far this year. Venable's largest contribution for 2004 is a $5,000 check from Mission Inn owner Duane Roberts.

His opponent, Stone, has raised $110,499 this year, including the $100,000 loan from Herbert Groch of Murrieta, according to financial reports.

Stone has received money from builders, car dealers, developers and consultants and received at least $35,000 from the Riverside Sheriff's Association. Stone said Groch is a friend who has invested in his past business ventures.

Voters scrutinizing contributions to the Venable campaign will see the supervisor enjoys wide-ranging support, said Tom Shepard, a consultant with the Venable camp.

http://www.pe.com/localnews/riverside/stories/PE_News_Local_money06.ed4e.html
  20. Sponge Member

Some related history, mentioning Jim Venable...
    (re-typed from scanned newspaper article PDF)

also, in another article on the Castle opening, with a snippet related to the OP, from a week earlier than the one quoted above....
    So familiar isn't it? Like nothing has changed in ten years.

Gentlepersons, the time has come to take these fuckers out once and for all (disclaimer for Moxon: In a totally legal sense, figure of speech'n'all, dickwad).....and I'm actually more meaning the dirty local politicians (the cult will automatically follow due to lack of support).
  21. RightOn Member

"Venable spent $60,667 in the reporting period, with most going toward campaign mailers and television advertising. He finished the period with $387,703 on hand."

wonder where the tv commercials were filmed? just sayin....
    Incumbents maintain cash advantages
  22. DeathHamster Member

Studio requires security measures = standard answer straight from CoS's playbook.

And I wouldn't barracks with bunk beds a "home" to Scientologists.
  23. Obi-Wan-anon Member

Once again, they change the name to suit the facts.

First, Gold Base was a "residential area". Passed a new law to protect the "residents". No concern about the business then.

Now that the fence spikes are being noticed (again), they're calling it a business that requires extra security. Fence spikes STILL POINT INWARD. What exactly are they trying to secure?
  24. Anonylemmi Member

Or slime them with Vaseline and pubes.