Customize

Will Jeff Stone receive a tongue lashing today?

Discussion in 'GoldBase' started by Anonymous, Jan 12, 2010.

1. Anonymous Member

2. Herro Member

3. avbb Member

re: Will Jeff Stone receive a tongue lashing today?

Ah Tuesday mornings are just so entertaining!
    brb moar coffee
  4. fitch2000 Member

I love Buster
  5. i'mglib Member

Yup, RIF and our favorite red-headed ball of fire are there.

So is AO.

RIF said Juilia Glick, former reporter for the Press Enterprise, is there, and now works for Bob Buster.
  6. tamphex Member

Give'em hell guys & good luck from Down Under.
  7. Hombre Moderator Skandinaviska

Why do they always cut the feed during the good stuff?

will someone please show the board this video. I'd like to see Stone's reaction:

It could be modified to exclude the "God Damn" part and slow down the text parts a bit so you can actually read it :p

If someone promises to show the video, I'd be happy to edit it for that person.
  8. fitch2000 Member

wow there just happened to be a preacher from a church there to thank Jeff Stone for all his help with "the journey" thru the red tape of bureaucracy....

coincidence? i think not.
  9. i'mglib Member

Here’s what I got from RIF.

First a pastor from some church spoke about what a great guy Stone is because Stone supported this guy’s church.

Then AO discussed human trafficking at Gold Base, and actually did a good job.

Then Julie clobbered Stone with comments about how he will regret having supported the COS, because of the info that is coming out and will continue to come out (books, media, etc).

Then, when Juile was done, Stone actually addressed her, yelling. He said he supported religious freedom, and if anyone thought something bad was happening they should call the DA because it wasn’t their jurisdiction. He said Julie wasn’t even in his district.

So Julie starts yelling back that she is a citizen of the county and of the United States. Julie is a huge free speech advocate and protector of the constitution.

That’s all I got. Too bad the feed got cut, but the whole thing should be posted later, hopefully.
  10. Herro Member

I'm sure I'll get dismissed for "trolling." But Stone has a point, if she sees wrongdoing happening why doesn't she go to the proper authorities? I'm all for her speaking up and demanding accountability from government, but if she's just constantly hammering on something to a guy who can't do anything about it, it begins to look less like defense of a free nation and more like a vendetta. Or maybe she does do lots of other stuff and I'm a jackass needing to lurk more. I dunno. As that nutjob ogsonofgroo always says:

Ok, I go nao...

:)
  11. the anti Member

as great as religious freedom sounds it can also be dangerous, because then you let major fundamentalist and cults like heavens gate (in which male members castrated themselves) thrive
  12. i'mglib Member

It's one thing to ignore abuses at the so called church, because you support "religious freedom."

It's a different thing to actively thwart protesters who ARE trying to do something, and to actively support, and basically do favors for the so-called church, like trying to help them close Hwy 79.

I think if Stone hadn't done the latter, people wouldn't be bothering him.
  13. AnonyVix Member

I actually can see your point Herro. IIRC though these matters have been mentioned to various DA's and the police and the FBI. What Julie is referring to though is how sycophantic Stone was with CoS and how misguided that was.

One could feel sorry for Stone, may be he was caught out. May be he actually swallowed the cults propaganda documents hook, line and sinker; may be Stone illustrates the power of the cult's propaganda on the naive and ill informed, which should be a warning that we must continue to do all we can to engage and educate the authorities.

Maybe his apparent lack of contrition is him trying to protect his position because he is not in the game of admitting he was wrong.

Then again Stone could just be a weasel looking for a back hander and scientology's help up the Senatorial ladder.

Nice to hear he lost his cool though something must be hurting; perhaps someone should send him some haemorrhoid cream for his butt hurt.
  14. Herro Member

Um, last time the scientologists brought up closing that road stone's office said that he would vote against any such proposal unless it could build a new road that would improve public safety, improve travel time, and be done at no cost to the county. Doesn't sound very helpful to me.

I think Stone was just a politician helping out one of the largest financial players in his district. But that's just like, my opinion man.
  15. RightOn Member

There you go!
    Stone says he will continue to protect the rights of religious organizations...

Well Scientology is not a religion, so I guess he will not be protecting Scientology any more then right? LOL!

I guess the ass kissing Pastor is kissing Stone's ring.
  16. Herro Member

Or thanking Stone for being helpful...
  17. mnql1 Member

18. Optimisticate Member

OK Senor Stone. You want anons to go to the DA? You got it buddy.

Pacheco's already been sent a poon from me in the past. Looks like he's gonna get another.

County of Riverside District Attorney's Office - Meet the DA

Of interest from the page:

Victims of the cult are HIGHLY encouraged to write to DA Pacheco. Jeff Stone wants them to :)
  19. Anonymous Member

Any milf sightings?
  20. AnonyVix Member

Yep, I think you're right. Oh yeah, just watched the feed, it wasn't quite the slanging match expected given the description. Stone handled himself in his usual sleazy way.
  21. Anonymous Member

You can just look at Jeff Stone and tell he's a crooked smarmy, slimy politician... the residents of Riverside County should have known better that to vote him into office in the first place.
  22. Anonymous Member

It's even better to compare videos of him saying stuff, and then denying it later. I think the grassroots of the Republican Party in Riverside County needs info on this stuff, preferably from other Republicans, or at least libertarian or conservative people who share their values.
  23. Ann O'Nymous Member

And it is supposed to be OK ?
  24. Herro Member

Re: Will Jeff Stone receive a tongue lashing today?

Absolutely not.
  25. AmNotaMouse Member

At 3:15 of Julies public comments,

Jeff Stone gives rebuttal to her public comments, which could be a violation of the Brown Act.
    Julie could call the FPPC for clarification and file a complaint if warranted.

California Fair Political Practices Commission
  26. Herro Member

What? She asked Stone to answer her questions. So he answered her questions. Why the hell would she file a complaint over that.

Also, this is the red haired lady everyone is so high on? Lol really? She basically gets up there making groundless accusations and asks bogus questions of the "Why do you hate freedom" sort. Stone, in contrast, sounds calm, reasonable, and much better spoken. Honestly I read the responses to many of the videos posted from these weekly meetings and have a hard time believing that I'm watching the same video as everyone else in the thread.
  27. Anonymous Member

wow, "Herro", you're right!... which way to the gas chamber?
  28. Anonymous Member

I would be more than happy to edit my original video, if someone wants to show it. Drop me a PM.
  29. AnonymousTV Member

^ That was me, by the way. Accidentally clicked Anonymously.
  30. Anon123456 Member

AO seemed to do better this time. and the red haired lady really has to find a bingo game. she managed to cram a record amount of unfounded accusations into that short amount of time. did she say they are closing gilman springs road? LOL unless the church wants to shell out millions its not going to happen by jeff stones own words.
  31. eddieVroom Member

Seems to me that the man is on the Record as saying he'll gladly blow sunshine up any church's ass, but when it comes to sticking his own neck out (IOW jurisdictional duties are not compelling him), Fuck That Shit. Regardless of the nature of the allegations. Never mind if you still see your son, a well-placed member of the D.A's office IIRC, at family gatherings.

Shame, really. The Repubs used to at least act like they had a moral compass...
  32. Anonymous Member

This kind of sleaze is pretty bi-partisan, in my experience. There are good guys and bad guys in both parties.
  33. Anonymous Member

freedom > religious freedom
  34. Herro Member

Freedom = religious freedom. They are inseparable.
  35. Anonymous Member

i'd agree with you, except a LRH/DM's idea of religious freedom means the freedom to do whatever the fuck scientology wants with no consequences.
  36. Anonymous Member

Nah, freedom is more encompassing: Yes, it does include religious freedom + but it includes the freedom of people to leave their church whenever they wish, to move around freely, to listen to whatever they wish, etc. That's my point. Jeff Stone's of religious freedom excludes freedom to protest Scientology. That's why he should stick to defending freedom, rather than religious freedom specifically. Stick to the more encompassing virtue.
  37. Herro Member

Well yeah but I would argue that freedom doesn't encompass religious freedom because they are the same thing, you can't separate them. Look at Scientology's definition of religious freedom. It includes not being allowed to say anything negative about the church. This is not religious freedom, as I'm sure everyone here would agree. But I would go farther and say that religious freedom fundamentally cannot include an infringement upon the free speech rights of others. In including such infringement, any idea of religious freedom invalidates itself because once you decide that the state has the authority to say that you can't speak out against a religion, then the followers of that religion have already placed their ability to worship freely in jeopardy. Because once we have decided that some speech is not allowed, we legitimate the suppression of expression, including the suppression of religious expression. Thus by claiming that criticism of their religion is a violation of religious freedom, the followers of that religion create the conditions by which the State can subjugate them and truly crush their religious freedoms.
  38. TomVorm Member

Jeff Stones' comments supporting "religious freedom" provide a golden opportunity to introduce cult policies that provide the exact opposite of "freedom". A litany and description of "suppresive person declares" "disconnection" and so on, would demonstrate that the claim of "religious freedom" itself is a lie. And it's a matter of California law, that indulging in a "religious" practice does not give one license to violate statutory law.
  39. Anonynamefag Member

The Church of Scientology appealed this decision twice to the United StateSupreme Court

TL;DR one time Scientology tried to claim that Fair Game was a "core practice of Scientology" and should be protected under the First Amendment.
  40. Herro Member

Well if you parse his comments, he kind of anticipates that. He basically says that he's separating "religious freedom" from any criminal acts in which that religion might engage. And I think that is a legitimate argument. You can support the rights of a religion without endorsing illegal acts they commit. Take the catholic sex scandals as an example. You can criticize the church and demand authorities take action against the church while still supporting the right of that church to exist.