Customize

Will Jeff Stone receive a tongue lashing today?

Discussion in 'GoldBase' started by Anonymous, Jan 12, 2010.

1. Smurf Member

Re: Will Jeff Stone receive a tongue lashing today?

Stone has long said "human trafficking" and abuses at Gold Base is a criminal matter and needs to be referred to law enforcement, not the County Board of Supervisors.

He is right in that regard. The Supervisors might agree to look into a criminal matter, but they do so by requesting an investigation of law enforcement, something that the Riverside County Supervisors are simply not interested in considering.
  2. Obi-Wan-anon Member

And I would counter that the majority of the people watching the weekly Supervisor's meetings are not of his district either. But they sure are getting an idea into the inner workings of Riverside County.

Just think, all these people aren't watching because they like old, boring political meetings.

They're watching to see what stupid stuff Jeff Stone is going to say.

"He said he supported religious freedom."

Someone should, because Scientology doesn't.

"...and if anyone thought something bad was happening they should call the DA..."

Don't forget to ask to speak to Jeff Stone's son. He works for the DA. Tell him his dad said hi.

"...because it wasn’t their jurisdiction..."

Must have been if they passed a law to prevent protesters at Gold.
  3. Django Member

Jeff Stone is a County Supervisor. Anyone more proper than that?

_
  4. Herro Member

Oh gee, I dunno, how about the sheriff's department or maybe the DA? You know, the people who are tasked with enforcing the law.
  5. Anonymous Member

Then by all means lead on...or are you just going to sit on here all day and fag up threads?

Oh wait you already do[STRIKE].[/STRIKE]
  6. Anonynamefag Member

I love you Herro, but I remember them saying that they already tried going to the Sherrif. Long story short, they were told to gtfo, IIRC.
  7. TomVorm Member

Then introduce the history of cult members who have been convicted of illegal acts, including the wife of LRH. It's quite a list, and establishes a "RICO" pattern of criminal activity. Show that their criminal acts were the result of following actual written cult policies.

This wouldn't be so hard to do. Descriptions of cult policies and incidents, including those affecting Riverside County in particular, can be copied from the "Ashcroft letter" of January 2002 by Graham Berry. It's online at http://www.holysmoke.org/cos/docs/gb-ashcroft-complaint.htm

Then ask the Board to refer a request for an investigation to the District Attorney, based on (reported) claims of additional criminal acts. There's already enough for a Grand Jury to look into activities occurring at Gold Base (at the very least, abuse of land use codes and the local courts can be confirmed).

Then inform the other Supervisors, that is it likely that Stone defends the cult (using their own materials and language) because he himself (and possibly his son also) may have been targeted for investigation and blackmail (again, per cult policies), so they'll have to band together for a 4-1 vote to override Stone and to endorse forwarding the matter to the DA.
  8. Django Member

OK. And Stone, as a County Supervisor, has no influence with those people? Can't recommend, advise, say, Hey this situation has come up repeatedly in BOS meetings recently, might be something to it, maybe you guys should check it out?

Stone is a paid shill for the cult. Proof? I have none. Just a feeling where, if a person of some govenment authority is repeatedly shown evidence of bad behavior by a certain group, and repeatedly looks the other way, and is in fact shown to have some major dealings with said group, it kinda points that way, no?

Getting back to business: Jeff Stone is a dick. A wise person posted that, on WWP...
  9. Anonymous Member

religious freedom, i.e. the freedom to believe in lies, spread lies and sell lies to people
    is a only subset of Freedom.
  10. rof Member

That concept crumbles quickly once you know people who like to buy lies.

Freedom includes the ability to purchase lies.
  11. Anonymous Member

In fact there is no need for religious freedom, because all that it means (or at least should mean) is already subsumed under the freedom of speech, freedom of thought and the freedom of association.
  12. Anonymous Member

If Jeff Stone were sincere it would be interesting to hear what he thinks of the religious freedoms of independent Scientologists being harmed by Scientology's harassment of them. If he were sincere, that is. So it's only a hypothetical question for a an alternate reality.
  13. Herro Member

Why were they told to gtfo?

Go for it. Reach for the stars.

Chanology is a bunch of anti religious terrorists. Proof? I have none. Just this book that shows all of these horrible things said by Anonymous and all of these criminal acts committed by Anonymous. It kinda points that way, no?
  14. grebe Member

Freedom is defined by its limits. So when someone speaks in favor of religious freedom, it's useful to ask, what are the limits of religious freedom?
  15. grebe Member

Speculation on my part: no evidence beyond hearsay re: allegations of human trafficking and physical abuse at Gold Base.
  16. Anonymous Member

You said it. Folks, please don't feed the troll!
  17. Re: Will Jeff Stone receive a tongue lashing today?

Just when I thought you might not be a troll (and for the record, I always enjoy the rare spark of wit and intelligence you occasionally pull off), you come up with this.

Living proof you were paying attention during the subliminal seduction portion of your JC sociology class.
  18. Herro Member

I only glanced at your post and didn't pay much attention. But I did notice you said something about seduction. You don't have to seduce me my love, I'm already yours. <333
  19. Re: Will Jeff Stone receive a tongue lashing today?

I will admit I laughed at that.

Now, off you go to night-night land, little man.
  20. Ann O'Nymous Member

Unless you can provide documents in which the catholic church is promoting sex abuse, your comparison is not valid. Nice try, though.
  21. Herro Member

The scandal was about the response of the church to the abuses Ann. And there is documentation of an effort on the part of the church to handle the situation internally and to not involve law enforcement, i.e. to "cover up" what happened.

A Report on the Crisis in the Catholic Church in the United States, National Review Board, February 27, 2004

Nice try though.
  22. rof Member

This thread does not yet deliver enough tongue

[IMG] Es0nC.jpg.png
  23. Ann O'Nymous Member

The cover-up is a reality, but does not validate your comparison. I emphasized the important point for you and will clarify my point: there is a difference between an institution that covers up individuals failing at respecting the legal policies of said institution to preserve its reputation and an institution that has illegal policies. Your move.
  24. Anonymous Member

This thread is about Jeff Stone, not Herrpo and Annpit.
  25. Anonymous Member

I want to read Herp's next move.
  26. Scintellanon Member

I wonder what law a politician violates for having knowledge of or, even helping steer, deal with or target real property for one sect? He seems to talk about every faith there is to defend the one cult he seems to be helping.

Steering, annexing, or even land grabbing and road closing to help build a scientology community (what other group gets that much coverage) is against professional regulations for real estate agents.

There has to be a law. As if he doesn't know all the players...
  27. Anonymous Member

Yes, people are free to purchase lies. Problem arise when those lies are presented as truth.
  28. RightOn Member

Illegal acitvity should of course be brought up with proper authorities. But what people are forgetting, is that every time these abuses are brought up at a county meeting it goes on film, and anyone and everyone can view it. This is a good way to keep it on reacord and get the locals thinking in the right direction about what is exactly going on at Gold and who their neighbors are. It also gives the chance for them to actually see how Stone is ignoring these issues. Whether it is not in his authority or not, it is clear that he is showing NO concern what so ever. This is something locals need to see. If he is showing no concern over these "acusations", then locals may wonder why.

Yes these things need to be brought to the proper authorities, but I also think it is important to continually bring it up at the meetings, get it on tape and let the locals see Stone's reactions on film! I think someone needs to do a mash up of his arrogance and silence and ask if this is who they want for a Senator seat.

Technically Stone can't legally do anything about any accusations, but he shouldn't sit up there and not answer any questions( even though it is their time to speak,which he constantly reminds speakers) and insult people who are showing concern of something they believe is taking place.

Just like Mr. Mabey said, he has gone up before the board 72 times and presented evidence, but they ignore it. This has to be on film and will turn out to be evidence if something were to go wrong with that levee.

Same if Gold is finally raided and all the accusations are finally proven, they are going to want to know why Stone ignored people's concerns for so long.

I hope people are keeping copies of all the meetings, Beause if something finally does go down, I wouldn't be surprised if the vids were to magically go away.
  29. Anonymous Member

Orly?

Apparently, every thread is all about Herrpes.
  30. JMBrandon Member

afraid I have to stop you there.
    If this were true- then we'd have to let that abortion doctor's killer go with the 'Justifiable Voluntary Manslaughter' as his defense is trying to do because he claimed he was 'doing God's work'... not only that-- we'd have to let the underwear bomber go because he was trying to put an end to us infidel, capitalist pigs in the name of Allah.

You can be what you want in the United States, but you commit a crime, even claiming you're doing the work of your deity(LRH/DM)- its still a crime.
    Jeff Stone seems to be favoring an organization's requests and coming short of sucking its cock for the contributions they offer.
    In the long run, this will bury him..... in bad political PR. (inb4 Moxon)
  31. Herro Member

What are you talking about?

Lol wut. Doesn't a lie, by definition, have to be something false presented as truth?

I hear these arguments over and over again. What people are watching these videos? And have you really watched them? Jeff Stone really doesn't come off as much more than a slightly arrogant politician dealing local crazies. If you think the likes of AO and that red headed chick getting up there and stammering on, leveling accusations with absolutely no proof, nor much of an apparent effort to contact the authorities, constitutes something the board should take seriously, then you need to get a grip on reality. The whole time people have been going to these meetings and ranting at Stone, his political star has seemingly continued to rise. I don't know whether or not he will win his nomination for the state senate election, but he doesn't seem to be having much trouble so far.

Look, I'm not saying people shouldn't go to these meetings and bring these things up. I always would encourage people to be active in the affairs of governance and to hold their leaders accountable. At the same time, I think many people here need to be more honest with themselves. It seems like every tuesday the same scenario plays out. Someone like AO or the red haired lady gets up there and rattles off a bunch of "why do you hate freedom" type questions and groundless accusations. When Stone responds, he sounds very calm and reasonable, if not a little arrogant at times. And then the requisite thread here is filled with "ZOMG U NAILED HIM!!! STONE IS SQUIRMING NOW!!! EVERYONE CAN SEE DA TRUTH!!!" And then people like me are left to look at the response and scratch our heads.

That's not freedom of religion. If you noted in my other post I said that any definition of freedom of religion that includes infringing upon the rights of others nullifies itself. It's like other freedoms. I'm free to do as I please in this country. That doesn't mean I have the right to go out and rob or kill a person.

Ann the point was that you can oppose the systemic illegal actions of a religion without opposing the right of that religion to exist. It's a valid comparison.
  32. Anonynamefag Member

But if the religion actively promotes breaking the law?
  33. Herro Member

Well now you gotta prove that. Let's not forget, many holy books are filled with exhortations to break the law. For instance, the Quran and the Bible both have portions of the text in which God commands for the faithful to kill non believers. If you can show that the current leadership of Scientology is engaging in systematic criminal activities, go after them. It's still not the same as going after scientology itself.
  34. Anonynamefag Member

I'm not challenging you, but I'm trying to see what you're saying. What are your opinions on these quotes?

Saying actions taken against someone aren't punishable... what kind of mindset do you think that will give the listener? He is basically saying you can beat someone to a bloody pulp and not be punished at all for it. Of course, Hubbard doesn't mention wog law, because to a Scientologist, wog law is about as binding as a school's honor code.

Highlighted for effect, speaks for itself. This is probably a metaphor, but the choice of words is interesting, considering R2-45 (which has been proven that it was not, in fact, a joke, since there is a confirmed instance of him ordering Sea Org members to kill).

This really speaks for itself.

This one is downright scary, and again, speaks for itself.

I know this doesn't necessarily constitute the religion itself promoting crime, but the "messiah" of Scientology not only promoting crime, but ordering it. There is a thin line at best differentiating the two. I respect you, Herro, but I want to see your reasoning on saying that the religion itself can exist without crime, since its leader, founder, and chief religious figure's views on which the religion is based can not (KSW) and will not (at least, not with David Miscavige in charge) change.
  35. Herro Member

I agree that those quotes legitimate criminal activity and a follower of scientology might justify acting in a criminal manner based upon those quotes. However there are two issues that arise if we talk about how authorities should respond to scientology. The first is context. What is the context of all those quotes. Perhaps they are exactly as they appear. Perhaps they are not. That must be determined. Recall when child dianetics was released here. Everyone flipped out because LRH was talking about beating kids and keeping them in closets, ect. Of course in proper context LRH was actually talking about why children can't be treated that way.

The second issue is one of interpretation. How will followers interpret those teachings. Are those quotes going to make people go out and commit crimes? If you criminalize scientology because of how followers might interpret the teachings, you set an extremely dangerous precedent.

Finally, the implication that the religion can't exist without criminal behavior is pretty much delegitimated by the fact that we don't see scientologists, publics and staff, running around committing crimes to further scientology 24/7. Obviously most scientologists have found a way to be scientologists and law abiding citizens.
  36. Anonymous Member

37. Jeff Jacobsen Member

"Those who seek constitutional protections for their participation
    in an establishment of religion and freedom to practice its beliefs
    must not be permitted the special freedoms that this special sanctuary
    may provide merely by adopting religious nomenclature and cynically
    using it as a shield to protect them when participating in anti-social
    conduct that otherwise stands condemned." (U.S. v. Kuch 288 FSup. 439
    (1968))
  38. Anonynamefag Member

That's not what I'm saying at all, because on that logic I'd be saying that killing non-Christians because the Bible says so is okay, and it's not. I'm saying that Hubbard did indeed promote criminal activity, not that Scientology teachings themselves are criminal. It's a policy issue, not a doctrine issue, because without the HCOP letters and Fair Game, Scientology itself is rather benign, albeit a bit crazy once you get past OT3... not harmful, granted.

Of course we don't see them doing it because they don't, and those that do aren't stupid enough to do it out in the open (excluding the Scilons that assaulted protesters on camera). But I digress.

And yes, most of the publics are law abiding citizens, I never said they weren't and I'd be a crazy bigot if I did. I'm saying that Hubbard promoted criminal activity, and this has been documented and sourced. Any way you slice it, promoting murder to his subordinates doesn't look good.
  39. Herro Member

Ok, but what does this all have to do with supporting a religion's right to exist while attacking any systemic criminality comming from that religion?
  40. Rockyj Member

Do not ever exclude the "God Dam " portion, it is shocking to a lot of people, especially Christians. Perhaps allow people more time for people to read
    (PLEASE NOTE: fonts need to be bigger for people over 40's! Personally, I ignore web sites with black backgrounds and light text, too dam hard to read & I just need 150 - 175 reading glasses!) but other then that, EXCELLENT video!