Customize

Will Jeff Stone receive a tongue lashing today?

Discussion in 'GoldBase' started by Anonymous, Jan 12, 2010.

1. Anonymous Member

Re: Will Jeff Stone receive a tongue lashing today?

How many scientologists have gone along with lying on false credit applications approved over the years to pay the cult?
  2. grebe Member

"Religions" don't have any rights. Individuals have a right to believe in a Supreme Being (or not) which they may worship (or not) according to conscience and within the law.
  3. Anonymous Member

Ya, but the Quran and the Bible are not used as organisational policies.
  4. Anon123456 Member

tax exempt.
  5. grebe Member

OK, maybe you got me on that one. But a "religion" isn't necessarily a registered corporation.
  6. Ann O'Nymous Member

Julie Waltz is a very decent person, IMHO, even if her last performance wasn't at the level of her previous appearances. And don't forget the other people who tried to explain why Ordinance 884 was wrong: Ordinance 884 - Why We Protest Wiki
    In "our" case, he had to step back, change his project and lie on record. Lurk moar.
    Complete lack of logic.
    The proplem with scientology is not "systemic", it is political: many of its policies are not acceptable in a democratic society.
    Perhaps, but the way many staff / SO's children were brought up is far from perfect. Not to mention minors signing SO contracts.[/QUOTE]
    ... even if many spent all their money and beyond or lie to borrow more, pressure others to do the same, promote their scam using deceiving arguments, etc. Lurk moar.
  7. Anonynamefag Member

I never said the religion doesn't have the right to exist, because it certainly does. As I and a few others have said, the problem isn't Scientology itself, but the criminal actions promoted by the Scientology organization and by Hubbard himself. There is nothing wrong, from the research and anecdotes I've seen, with the belief system of Scientology (from the 'communication courses' all the way to Xenu and Body Thetans), and are mostly harmless. It is the HCOP letters and executive orders handed down by the church's management that causes MANY people to see the Scientology organization as a dangerous criminal enterprise.

Making fun of Xenu, sure, that's all well and good, every religion has been made fun of (if not being made fun of at this moment) at one point or another. It's called comedy. However, if Anonymous and the OG were calling for the destruction of Scientology simply because they believe in Xenu, I'd be the first to jump to their defense. However, as we all know and can agree, that is not the case, and it never has been.

Scientology itself most certainly has the right to exist. However, until the organization that runs Scientology is gone (or at the very least, completely reformed) so that it does not promote and perpetrate crime, viciously attack critics and going to unethical (and sometimes illegal) measures to obtain money, many people will continue to bash Scientology, myself included.

All religions have the right to exist, as long as they are not harmful. However, no religion has the right to break the law, secular or not, without consequence.
  8. Re: Will Jeff Stone receive a tongue lashing today?

At exactly 3 minutes into this vid from last Tuesday's meeting you can hear Jeff Stone do a particularly cowardly thing. He's tells Julie he won't answer her questions until after she leaves the "dais". The reason he made her leave the podium was to prevent her from having any feedback during his following attempt at damage control.

In general, Stone has learned to keep his mouth shut after certain people finish their comments, but he was compelled to respond this time - not because of anything Julie said but because of Assistant Pastor Rick Mann of the Calvary Chapel Bible Fellowship in Temecula, who had addressed the Board a few minutes earlier.

In this video you hear Pastor Mann profusely thank Stone for helping them "navigate" the expansion process for this 4-5,000 member congregation. He commends Stone for his "commitment to First Amendment freedoms as it relates to churches and free speech."

Pastor Mann did not leave the meeting after he spoke. He returned to his seat, which was directly behind Julie and I, a couple of rows back.

Now, one can only imagine what Pastor Mann was thinking as he listened to Julie's comments -- which were so diametrically opposed to his own. What did he think when he found out Stone champions Scientology in far more creative ways than he does Christianity? After he learned about the connection between Stone and Scientology, did he reflect back on AO's comments about human trafficking?

The words that slithered from Stone's mouth were a desperate attempt to hang on to those 4-5,000 votes that might slip through his fingers if Pastor Mann were to go home and Google the words Jeff Stone + Scientology. Stone was visibly shaken. Although Julie had left the podium, he delivered most of his comments facing the space she had vacated, too cowardly to look at either her or Pastor Mann.
  9. Ann O'Nymous Member

Thanks for the explanation.
  10. lostatsea Member

LOL at Julie pronouncing herself the "unpaid volunteer watchdog". I missed that dig re: Stone's sister the first time.
  11. Anonymous Member

Jeff Stone appears to be creating a moral majority of vote, both to support his own campaign and the cult he supports. Does Mr. Mann's statement about 'wine country' elude to (non-union, tax free?) immigrant workers attending his fellowship commensurate to the exempt labor force at Goldbase?

When you cross over moralfaithspeak to namedrop wine country, hmmm... as if you're platform has been squished for cover...

What do both of these fellows need to seclude by using taxpayer time and dollar to close a publicly supported road and sit with the cult?

And what do both these cult supporters think about proposition 8? Alarm bells start to go off in the head.There has to be some moral enemy to attack as a suitable guise in the name of -let's be faithful together and support a cult and politician up for election in Hemet, California-
  12. Anonymous Member

I wonder if Paster Rick Mann is any relation to the Manns' in politics out in them parts?

Scott and Chris Mann are 2 familiar names to me.
  13. Re: Will Jeff Stone receive a tongue lashing today?

I know someone who will give Jeff Stone a real tongue lashing.

sydanonhannakiss1.jpg
  14. Herro Member

Lol. Visibly shaken? He seemed calm and reasonable to me.
  15. Anonymous Member

In order to be so calm, so pastoral himself, and adored by laity, he needed to be laid by the cult
  16. Anonymous Member

Calm heRRo?
  17. Anonymous Member

his body thetans are watching him closely
  18. Anonymous Member

Receive a tongue lashing?

I dunno...

CULT Ho Stone always struck me as a "Tossed Salad" kinda guy.

He would be giving the tongue lashing in this scenario.

Yeah. I think these are CULT Ho Stone's "salad days"...in more ways than one.
  19. Re: Will Jeff Stone receive a tongue lashing today?

Who cares how he seemed to you? Go away.
  20. kristijoyk Member

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    THIS...
  21. JohnnyRUClear Member

If Jeff Stone = Herro, the thread title's answer was apparently "yes". :)
  22. Anonymous Member

people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.....
  23. Herro Member

The sexual tension between you and I is starting to get distracting.
  24. Re: Will Jeff Stone receive a tongue lashing today?

If only you were 50 and virile instead of 15 and viral.
  25. Anonymous Member

I forgot to correct you on this moonbat thinking. I understand gov't meeting laws (sunshine) and Robert's rules and all that crap might be confusing, but Stone is 100% correct on the way this meeting is run and the policies they have.

The public here are given a certain time to say whatever the hell they want, it is open comment, and the idea is that someone running the meeting should be able to stiffle certain speakers. Stone is correct to not talk during her time at the podium. Also public meetings are not an exercise in debate. I believe if you were to get the Board to agree to add an agenda item about discussing Stone or his policies on the actual Agenda there might be a public discourse.

Stone properly asks for time to address and speak in the meeting minutes about and issue and that is what he does after the public person is done with their comments.

Schedule a meeting in his office if you are so desperate to chat with him.
  26. Herro Member

I love it when you get sassy.

Rawr.